Happy New Year! All I can say is, what a difference a year makes! This past year has been a whirlwind for me. So many exciting changes and accomplishments that I could never have foreseen.
- The blog is celebrating its one year anniversary. When I first started blogging, I was afraid I would run out of topics to blog about after a month or two...but 227 posts later (and with a list of more than 20 new topics already scheduled for 2013!) I'm still going strong.
- The Fresh Eggs Daily Facebook page is fast approaching its 17,000th like. Seventeen THOUSAND! It seems unbelievable that just one year ago we were hoping to have 2012 fans by midnight and here we are a mere 365 days later with nearly 15,000 new fans!
- The 'new' duck page Ducks Too that I launched in May has more than 2,500 duck-loving fans, many of whom found us through the series I wrote for HGTV Gardens this fall.
- Farm Chick Chit Chat, the community homesteading/homemaking/hobby farming blog and Facebook page that I created in June has introduced me to a cadre of truly inspiring, intelligent women who, with their creativity and ingenuity, push me to be better and reinforced the idea that bloggers CAN work together to inspire and promote each other, so thank you all for that.
- I was featured in several national magazines, including Hobby Farm Home and Chickens Magazine, as well as mentioned in Southern Living magazine. How cool is that? And I will be featured in a UK publication next month!
- And last but certainly not least, I have signed a book deal with St. Lynn's Press. Yes, I will be spending the first part of 2013 writing a book on chickens. I still haven't completely wrapped my head around the concept, I guess that will come in time. It's just so exciting!
Even more exciting things are planned for 2013. As wonderful as 2012 has been, I am so eager to jump into the new year to see what it holds for me and for Fresh Eggs Daily.
Thanks to the loyal fans who keep coming back for more and telling their friends (and random people they meet at Tractor Supply!) about Fresh Eggs Daily, our generous sponsors who advertise with us, and a special thank you to Jen from 1840 Farm. Although one day I hope to move back to New England and have the opportunity to meet you in person, for now the daily email correspondence means more than you know and I am so excited about our project slated for 2013!
I also need to say a very special thank you to Yvette and Suzanne As cliche as it sounds, I truly couldn't do everything I do without all your help, moral support and (in Yvette's case)
nagging gentle reminders. I am convinced that Yvette, Suzanne and I were soul mates in another life and meeting them in person is one of the things at the very top of my bucket list for 2013.
So hats off to us all! It's been an amazing ride so far and I hope you ALL hang on for another year with me! Have a safe, happy new year and see you in 2013!